Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Critter Easel Challenge

I'm so awful at anything other than a normal size card or scrapbook page. But I decided to take a challenge with my Critter gals. Our challenge was to create a easel card that had layers, something that glitters (my blue paper), ribbon, layers, and 4 different colors. We were also to color in our image. My frustration started because for some odd reason (never happened before) my Copics were smearing my ink. I use the same ink and paper all the time and this was a first. I'm not sure if it was because the image has more black lines than I'm used to or what.
Along with this I also followed the Critter Sketch Challenge blog's sketch (link to the right sidebar.) The blog is having it's first blog hop right now with tons of great give a ways. You have until Wednesday at 10am EST on Wednesday to play along.

13 comments:

Melina said...

Very pretty! love the colors and all the sparkle! :)

marsha said...

This is such a cute image and this doesn't look like a first time easel card! Your coloring look great!

Hugs,
Marsha

Terria said...

Really pretty great job!!

Tracey said...

awwww....this reminds me of you and your little one. Just adorable!
Hugs and Smiles,
Tracey

Lesley said...

Very pretty card, love the image!

Jennifer said...

Very pretty card, and great job doing the easel card for your first time. Hugs!

AnnMarie said...

Such a pretty card!!

HappyCrafter said...

Your easel card looks great, and I can't see the smearing, so you did a good job of managing the ink problem--mine does that sometimes, it seems to depend on the dampness in our home (and outside!).

JayLynn said...

What a darling image!! Great job on the easel card :)

Angelwood said...

Hi Melanie! This is such a sweet image. Love it! Beautiful card! hugs, Angela

April said...

I'm so proud of you for going outside your comfort zone to do this challenge! What a great job and really...it wasn't that hard right?!

Colleen said...

Very pretty - love the colors:)

Moira said...

Awesome girl!

Great image!!