Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things - CCC9

For our 9th Crafty Critters challenge we were to create something that showed who we were as crafters. I thought wow, this is perfect!!

We are in the works of packing to move and along with packing boxes there are a lot of odds and ends with utility companies, contractors, and such that require taking notes. Well I have been putting everything on those lovely little sticky notes but I know I'm going to loose them. So I decided to create a moving composition book to keep track of all my notes. Easy to find a book vs little sticky notes.

My favorite flower is daisies so I thought I would shower the book with this lovely little flower. My favorite embellishments are brads and ribbon. I also like to add a touch of glitter when I can. My name is glitter chipboard letters. When I was introduced to Cuddles Fleur from Ildi Co Digital Stamps (the store is now open) I knew I wanted to feature him on the front cover.
I'm now a Design Team member for Ildi so make sure you check out their blog and check back on mine for more Cuddles images. Oh yea and go buy some to download and play with yourself. ;-) Scroll down on my blog to see how you can receive a Cuddles card for FREE!!

12 comments:

JayLynn said...

Oh I love the Daisies everywhere! Such cute paper and of course adorable image ;)

Melina said...

Love the book Melanie! Great project.

L said...

You can never have too many flowers! So pretty :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie -- I couldn't reply back to your post -- there was no e-mail addy. I looked also, and couldn't find it either. I know that doodledragonstudios.com is supposed to be a temporary site, as Dustin's original site had some malicious program on it or something -- so perhaps he forgot to add those images? I bet if you left him a comment on his blog, he'll fix it in a day or two so you can get your dino -- Good luck!! I love your comp book BTW -- those glittery letters are YUM-o ;) Have a super day!

Colleen said...

Love all the daisies! Great job:)

Unagico said...

I agree with Laurie! :3 Never too many flowers! :D

AnnMarie said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Great job on this challenge, Melanie! LOVE it! :)

April said...

This came out soooooo great! I just love it!

laos348 said...

Great job - I love looking at decorated comp notebooks!

Stephanie said...

love the combo of patterns :)

Cassie_lu said...

what a cute altered book

Moira said...

I'm sorry I missed this challenge - awesome book... I have a few books I want to alter... I may just have to copy your idea!