Friday, January 4, 2008

I am WOMEN!!!

Oh yes fun, today I got reminded of how lovely it is to be a child bearing women. **Disclaimer and forewarning to all men who are going to read this oh so fun "women" stuff.**

Today I went for my sugar testing at the obgyn. Basically to check and see if I'm developing pregnancy diabetes. Well after measuring my oh so growing belly they doctor determined that I am 27 weeks pregnant but measuring 29. At my last appointment I measured 2 weeks ahead as well. Nothing to be to concerned about. However with my past medical history with my cervix she decided to do an internal exam to check the length of my cervix. While "in there" she also wanted to perform another test to check to see if I could go into pre term labor. Can I just say OH MY GOSH!!! Ouch!! Hello doctors is all of this really necessary??

So after all that fun I had to wait about another 45 minutes before they could take my blood from drinking that lovely sugar syrup for my sugar test. Ok can I just say that I feel EVERY nurse, doctor, etc should be able to take blood and if they can't that stay the heck away from me!!!! No to be fair, I have horrible, small, rolling veins that once poked like to clot and disappear. I had 4 people poke me 4 times to take 4 vials of blood. I was sitting in the same chair for 45 minutes while everyone looked at my arms and told me how horrible my veins were. I now have a black and blue right hand, right arm, and left arm. Oh yes and the black and blue marks WILL double in size by the end of the weekend making it look like I shoot up.

So 2 hours after entering the ob office I left and made a beeline for Starbucks to make my horrible morning better. Good news though, baby is kicking like a crazy man and his heart rate is great. We go see him on January 16th for an ultrasound for baby measurements.

We had a wonderful New Years and I hope you and your family and friends did as well. We enjoyed the week with the in-laws visiting. Everyone left today and I got left with a tired little Mitchell. He had a blast!!

1 comments:

Moms2bugs said...

I always hated that part of pregnancy! I am glad to hear everything is going great with the pregnancy! You poor thing though!