Monday, January 21, 2008

Infected!

Yes our house feels very infected with germs. It all started about 1 1/2 ago when I came down with a miserable head and chest cold. Being pregnant I just sorta roughed through it. Larkin came home last Monday night and brought a cold home with him. He had horrible body aches and pains, congestion, and sinus crap. Yesterday/last night my precious Mitchell started getting sick. He has been so miserable fighting a high temp all night and into today. He is so lethargic and just laying around. Does it not suck when your little ones get sick. We leave this coming Sunday for Disney so we'll be excited to get out of the house.

On Friday night even Elliott (our dog) gave us a scare. Larkin put out mouse bate and we are guessing our bottomless pit dog decided to try and get into it. We are still not sure exactly how but I came home from a friends house to find his nose swelled double in size. He also had swelling down his neck into his throat and his left side of his body. Talk about freakin' me out. So into the vet him and I went. We caught it early enough so they gave him a steroid shot for the swelling and he has to be on vitamin K-12 for 21 days. YES, 21 DAYS!!! Thank goodness he is really good at taking medicine with the help of peanut butter.

Baby Newby is back to measuring on target so we have our March 27th c-section date still scheduled. Yea!!!!

So that is the beginning of the year excitement for our family. Along with packing for Disney this week my goal is to get my little guy feeling up to par for the travel to Disney. You know little ones, they bounce back so fast. Probably after a good day at home with him he'll be feeling a lot better. I praise and thank God that I am able to be a stay at home mom with him and choose our schedule. :)

I thought I would end with some pictures. Have a great week and take care!

Riding his John Deere tractor that his Papa and Papa Newby got him (he calls both of Larkin's parents papa!!)


Mitch playing at Gymboree Gym.





Mitchell helping Mommy makes some brownies. He loves to cook (or should I say eat the batter!!)

1 comments:

Moms2bugs said...

I hope you guys get better soon! Have a great trip! I am so jealous!